1、 Vacuum sucker
Vacuum sucker is a connecting component between workpiece and vacuum system. The characteristics of the selected vacuum suction cup have a basic influence on the function of the whole vacuum system.
2、 Structure drawing of vacuum suction cup
3、 Basic principle of vacuum sucker
1. How is the workpiece adsorbed on the vacuum suction cup?
Compared with the environment of vacuum system, there is a low pressure zone (vacuum) between the suction cup and the workpiece;
Due to the pressure difference, the workpiece is counter pressed on the suction cup;
Δp = p1 – p2；
The force is proportional to the pressure difference and effective area, f ~ Δ P and F ~ a à f = Δ p x a.
2. Important features of vacuum sucker
Internal volume: the internal volume of the vacuum suction cup to be evacuated, which directly affects the extraction time;
Minimum radius of curvature: the minimum radius of the workpiece that can be grasped by the suction cup;
Stroke of sealing lip: refers to the compressed distance of suction cup after vacuuming. It directly affects the relative movement of the sealing lip;
Stroke of suction cup: the lifting effect when suction cup is aspirated.
2、 Classification of vacuum suction cups
Common vacuum suction cups include flat suction cups, corrugated suction cups, elliptical suction cups and special suction cups
1. Performance of flat suction cup: high positioning accuracy; small design and small internal volume can minimize the grabbing time; achieve high lateral force; on flat workpiece surface, wide sealing lip has the best sealing characteristics; when grabbing workpiece, it has good stability; embedded structure of large diameter suction cup can achieve high suction (for example: disk structure suction cup); bottom support; large and effective suction cup diameter; there are many kinds of suction cup materials. Typical application area of variable frequency suction cup: handling flat or slightly rough workpiece, such as metal plate, carton, glass plate, plastic part and wood plate.
2. Characteristics of corrugated suction cup: 1.5 fold, 2.5 fold and 3.5 fold corrugations; good adaptability to uneven surface; lifting effect when grabbing workpiece; compensation for different heights; gently grabbing vulnerable workpiece; soft bottom corrugation; high hardness of handle and upper corrugation of suction cup; soft conical sealing lip with strong adaptability; bottom support; many kinds of suction cup materials. Typical application fields of corrugated suction cups: Handling dished and uneven workpieces, such as automobile metal plates, cartons, plastic parts, aluminum foil / thermoplastic packaging products, electronic parts.
3. Performance of elliptical suction cup: the best use of suction surface; suitable for long convex workpieces; vacuum suction cup with enhanced hardness; small size and large suction; as common as flat and corrugated suction cups; various suction cup materials; embedded structure with high grabbing force (disc suction cup). Typical application area of oval suction cup: handle narrow and long workpieces with small grasping surface: such as pipe fittings, geometric workpieces, wood strips, window frames, cartons, tin foil / thermoplastic packaging products.
4. Special suction cup: it is as universal as ordinary suction cup; the material and shape of suction cup are special so that it can be used in specific application area / enterprise; the typical application area of special suction cup: handling workpieces with special performance. Such as fragile, porous, deformable surface structure.